In today’s competitive world, a variety of security cameras are available. Selecting a suitable security camera can be a daunting task for a person. So, it is important t understand about the functioning of different cameras and accordingly select the one that suits your requirements.
Some of the famous security cameras are:
- Infrared (IR) security cameras
- Dome cameras
- Pro box cameras
- Pan tilt zoom cameras
- Hidden cameras
INFRARED (IR) SECURITY CAMERA
- This is a famous type of camera that can be used for both business and home.
- Infrared Cameras, popularly known as IR Cameras produce high resolution color videos during both day and night.
- They illuminate the area by automatically changing from color to black and white. The infrared illuminators turn on and allow you to see much clear picture than the human eye in both low light and no light situations.
- They are mostly weatherproofed and can withstand hot and cold temperatures.
- There are different styles of dome cameras in the market like infrared domes, indoor domes, outdoor domes, vandal proof domes and pan tilt zoom domes.
- Dome cameras produce clear color and high resolution pictures.
- Theses cameras are used both indoor and outdoor.
PRO BOX CAMERA
- These cameras are popular for their high video quality.
- Pro box cameras are mostly installed in banks, supermarkets, convenience stores, etc.
- Lenses of these cameras can be changed as per the viewing angle and zooming requirements.
- Some Pro Box Cameras are called day/night cameras as they can switch from color during the day to black and white in the evening or in low light conditions.
PAN TILT ZOOM CAMERA
- These cameras can be controlled through the DVR, remote viewing software or a joystick.
- They can go up, down, left and right. They also have zoom capability.
- These cameras are expensive and require an additional cable for operation.
- These cameras offer highest degree of surveillance. Fake smoke detectors, motion detectors, clocks, sprinklers, exit signs are some of the types of hidden cameras that are used.
- Hidden cameras do not have infrared capabilities which limit their performance in low light.
- Many of them are not weatherproof, so they are not useful outdoors.
- These cameras are mostly used in Pharmacies, hallways of hotels and homes.
However, while choosing the best security camera, always prefer high resolution cameras that have superior quality. Select the cameras according to your application. Look for the most popular cameras, with high ratings from customers and installers.
Safeguard India has recently launched High Definition, Wireless cameras that ensures clear image even in dim and dark environment. These cameras are not only compact in size and easy to install but also have In-built motion detection alarm that sends signal and notification to client. Click here http://safeguardindia.com/hd-camera.html to read more features of these cameras.